4 Easy Ways to Download & Save Videos from Facebook
Facebook is now one of the biggest social communities with more than 2 billion users all over the world and thousands of new signing up everyday. Besides connecting with friends and sharing interesting contents, a major part of the Facebook experience is watching videos in your News feed. You can now find all sorts of videos on this social networking site from short viral clips to live news and sports streams. Find certain cool videos on the Facebook and want to save them to your computer for future viewing?
Downloading photos that have been shared on Facebook is very easy, but this is not the case for downloading videos. Facebook doesn’t provide any download video option. Luckily, there are still some easy workarounds. In this tutorial, we’ll introduce 4 easy methods to help you download your favorite Facebook videos that appear in your News feed to your computer and watch them offline anytime you wish.
- Part 1. Fast Facebook Video Downloader
- Part 2. Facebook Video Downloader Online
- Part 3. Facebook Video Downloader Chrome
- Part 4. Download Facebook Videos without Any Tool
Part 1. Fast Facebook Video Downloader
Gihosoft Total Video Converter is an easy-to-use and powerful application to download videos from Facebook as well as YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo, Dailymotion and more video sharing sites. Plus, it is a great video converter tool, allowing you convert downloaded Facebook videos to many popular formats such as MP4, MOV, MKV, AVI, WMV, etc. What’s more, the program offers advanced editing features so that you can easily trim, crop, rotate, join video clips and add watermark, subtitles, audio tracks, special effects etc.
Steps on how to download Facebook videos with Total Video Converter:
- Find the Facebook video you want to download and right click on it. Then from the drop-down menu, select “Show video URL”and copy the link.
- Run the FB Video Downloader and click “+ Paste URL” button to start analyzing the URL. After that, choose the output video quality and saving path in the pop-up dialog box.
- Now click on the “Download” button, the program will automatically begin downloading video from Facebook onto your computer.
Part 2. Facebook Video Downloader Online
Want to download Facebook videos quickly and free of charge? You can try online tools like FBDOWN.net. This site helps users enjoying the facility of direct video downloading from Facebook without installing additional software. It is a simple tool to download any Facebook video. Just paste the video URL into the box on the web app and hit the download button.
Steps on how to download videos from Facebook online:
- Go to Facebook and copy the video URL that you’d like to download as described in part 1.
- Enter the Facebook video link to the input field at FBDOWN.net, and click the “Download” button on the right. Wait a while for the tool to process your request.
- Then on the next screen, click “Download Video in Normal Quality” to save videos from Facebook to your computer.
Part 3. Facebook Video Downloader Chrome
Saving videos from Facebook is possible with a Chrome extension. FBDown Video Downloader, developed by fbdown.net, is one of the best video downloader extension. It can detect any video on the Facebook you’re currently looking at, then offer a easy way to download the video via the icon in the upper right-hand corner of your browser. The extension works with videos on many websites, not just Facebook.
Steps on how to save Facebook videos with Chrome extension:
- Open your Google Chrome browser and go to the app store. Search for “FBDown Video Downloader” and install the extension to your Chrome.
- Once the installation is completed, you will see the Facebook download icon in the top right corner of your browser screen.
- Now sign into your Facebook account and find out the video you wish to download. Play the video and click on the Facebook icon on your browser.
- In the pop-up window, select the quality of video you want to download and the location you wish to save the video on your computer.
- Finally click the download button and the Facebook video will be quickly saved on your computer, then you can watch it offline anytime you like.
Part 4. Download Facebook Videos without Any Tool
Since there isn’t a download video option built into the Facebook desktop site. To download a video from Facebook on your computer, you can trick Facebook into thinking you’re on a mobile phone browser. Then you can easily save videos from Facebook without any tool. It is very simple and doesn’t require you to have any computer science background.
Steps on how to save videos from Facebook without any tool:
- Log into Facebook and find the video you wish to download in your News feed. Right-click on the video and select “Show video URL” from the drop-down menu.
- In the pop-up window, click the URL and then press Ctrl+C to copy the URL to your clipboard.
- Open a new tab in your browser, paste the video URL into the address bar by pressing Ctrl+V and then press Enter.
- Delete the “www” in front of the video URL and replace it with “m”, then press Enter to open the mobile version of the video.
- Now right-click on the video and select “Save video as…” from the drop-down menu, then choose a location and press “Save” to download the Facebook video.
These are 4 easy ways to download videos from Facebook. You can then watch your favorite Facebook videos offline on any device you want. Of course, there are many other helpful tools available to fulfill you needs. If you know any other ways to download Facebook videos, don’t hesitate to share it in the comments section below.